HostXNow are proud to provide services that are easy to understand, and we strive for the same level of clarity in the policies that govern our service.
On the 25th May 2018, these regulations will come into force. We have pulled together the information below to answer all your key questions to get you GDPR-ready.
In order to communicate with you and to provide our products and services and related support, it is necessary for HostXNow to transfer your personal data outside of the European Union. In such case, the data controller for this data for EU residents is Christopher Smith trading as HostXNow, having its Correspondence address HostXNow, 582-586 Kingsbury Road, Birmingham, UK, B24 9ND. All questions or requests regarding the processing of data may be addressed to: [email protected]
2. Collection of Personal Information
• We collect information from you when you place an order for a HostXNow product, use our online chat service, register for a webinar, respond to a survey, fill out a form for pre/post sales assistance, open a support ticket, or your use of social media. HostXNow is a domain registrar and webhosting service provider, we provide platforms for you to use such as email, web hosting and secure ecommerce. To fulfil requests for domain names, digital certificates or other products or services, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, physical address, phone number, credit card information and/or organisational details or other personal information.
• 2.1 domain name specific data As part of its duties as an domain name registrar, HostXNow is required to provide certain information about customers who register domain names with HostXNow to the relevant naming authority. This information will include personal data such as the customer’s name, address and telephone number.
• The relevant naming authority will make such information available to the public through publicly accessible directories of owners of domain names.
• It is a condition of the purchase of a domain name from HostXNow that the customer agrees to the transfer of his/her personal data to the relevant naming authority and agrees to the naming authority making that personal data available on a public database. HostXNow can provide its customers with details of the relevant naming authority on request.
We do not store important credit card details on our servers. All transactions are processed via PayPal. You do not have to have a PayPal account to purchase any services from us. You may select Credit Card which is also processed via PayPal (we have a merchant account with PayPal).
3. Use of Personal Information
• Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred outside of our group company, or given to any other company for any reason without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in below:
• 3.1 To process applications for HostXNow products and services: Your information is used to provide our products and services and order processing as well as to conduct business transactions such as billing.
• 3.2 To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your pre/post sales requests and provide technical support.
• 3.3 To send renewal notices: The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you renewal notices for your services.
• 3.4 To send periodic emails: In addition, we may send you periodic company newsletters, new service updates, security updates, related product or service information, and status updates on maintenance windows or service availability.
• 3.5 To tell you about our products and services: We may send you information about our products and services that may be of interest to you based on your use of other HostXNow products and services.
4. Processing of Data and Consent
We will process your data for the purpose of performance of our contract with you or the legitimate interest of our business. In other cases, we will request your consent for the processing of the personal data you may submit. Your refusal to provide personal data to us for certain products and services may hinder us from fulfilling your order for those products or services. Also, if you deny or withdraw your consent to use personal data or opt out of receiving information about HostXNow products and services this may result in you not being made aware of sales promotions, renewal notices, periodic company newsletters, new service updates, security updates, related product or service information, and status updates on maintenance windows or service availability.
• We do not give your details away, tell other companies what you attempted to buy (or looked at) and we do not follow you around the internet with adverts!
• We only allow Essential Cookies that will allow you to use our website to its full specification, and Anonymous Statistical Cookies that can help tell us what's popular on our website.
• We do this to allow us to see trends on our website & products, but more importantly, so we can spot problems. We are always trying to improve this communication, and will be updating this page when our audits are complete.
6. Use of application logs for diagnostics or to gather statistical information
Our servers automatically record information ("Application Log Data") created by your use of our services. Application Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, search terms, and cookie information. We use this information to diagnose and improve our services. Except as stated in section 8 (Data Retention), we will either delete the Application Log Data or remove any account identifiers, such as your username, full IP address, or email address, after 12 months.
7. Sharing of Information and Transfers of Data
• We do not sell or trade your personal information to outside parties.
• We may also transfer your personal data to trusted third parties in order to serve purposes that are specified in section 3 above. In circumstances where data is shared with such third parties, they are required to agree to confidentiality terms. This prohibits such third parties from selling, trading, using, marketing or otherwise distributing HostXNow customer data.
• We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law or protect our rights, property, or safety. It is our policy to notify customers of requests for their data from law enforcement unless we are prohibited from doing so by statute or court order. Law enforcement officials who believe that notification would jeopardise an investigation should obtain an appropriate court order or other process that specifically precludes member notification.
• We may also disclose your personal information to third parties who may take over the operation of our website or business or who may purchase any or all of our assets, including your personal information. We will contact you using the details you provide if there is any change in the person controlling your information.
8. Data retention
• The personal information we collect is retained for no longer than necessary to fulfil the stated purposes in section 2 above or for a period specifically required by law or regulation that HostXNow is obligated to follow.
• Personal data used to fulfil verification of certain types of products such as SSL certificates and Domain names, and this data will be retained for a minimum of 10 years depending on the class of product or service and may be retained in either a physical or electronic format.
• Even if you request deletion or erasure of your data, we may retain your personal data to the extent necessary and for so long as necessary for our legitimate business interests or performance of contractual obligations.
• After the retention period is over, HostXNow securely disposes or anonymises your personal information in order to prevent loss, theft, misuse, or unauthorised access.
9. Opting out; withdrawing consent
• If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future periodic emails, we include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
• If HostXNow is processing your personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at one of the addresses shown below.
10. Access to your personal data
• You are responsible for providing HostXNow with true, accurate, current and complete personal information. You are also responsible to maintain and promptly update the information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You have the right to access and modify your personal data stored on HostXNow systems. You can request to access or modify your personal information by logging into your customer control panel. We may require you to provide identification in order to verify the authenticity as the data subject.
• If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future services.
11. How we protect your information
• We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted in an encrypted format via Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
• After a transaction, your transaction‐related information will be kept on file to meet audit requirements and facilitate renewals.
• HostXNow uses a reputable third party to process credit card payments and needs to provide credit card numbers and identifying financial data directly to the third party credit card processor. Such information is shared securely.
12. Follow relevant laws
HostXNow commits itself to protect the personal information submitted by applicants and subscribers for its public certification services. HostXNow declares to fully respect all rights established and laid out in European laws and operates within the limits of the: European Directive 95/46 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
13. Your rights In compliance with the European Union rules on privacy
You have the following rights established by law:
• You have the right to review your personal data that HostXNow holds and check it for accuracy.
• You have the right to correct data in the case that errors may be found in our records.
• You have the right to request that any of your personal data be erased. i.e. right to be forgotten.
• You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes.
• You have the right to request that HostXNow restrict the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances.
• You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
15. Contact Us
Data Protection Officer
582-586 Kingsbury Road
+44 (0) 800 689 1745
16. Our Office Locations
582-586 Kingsbury Road, Erdington, Birmingham, West Midlands, B24 9ND, England, United Kingdom