Covid-19 Security Dos and don’ts
There are a lot of tricks and scams created to fool you. Here is a quick guide on how to keep your data safe.
- Use quality security software like F-Secure (can be had for only £25/year for VirginMedia customers).
- Use Malwarebytes Premium Version on pc/mac and mobile/tablet devices
- Use Sophos Virus Removal Tool = https://www.sophos.com/en-us/product…oval-tool.aspx
- Don’t use the same password on different websites. Instead, use a password manager like LastPass, Dashlane or 1Password
- If you aren’t expecting to receive attachments in compressed formats like .zip, .tar or .tar.gz or any file for that matter DON’T DOWNLOAD/EXTRACT THEM TO YOUR PC/MAC/DEVICE.
- Backup data from all your workstations, devices, servers etc. using a quality backup service like Acronis Backup Cloud.
- Try to use 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) on any websites and services that support it.
Follow those and you should be ok. I hope that helps.